OUTBREAK NEW DAWN Official Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sergey Titov

Dev Update - What we're working on - July 30th

** F2P version of the game**

- We're reworking Starter Packs content, to make sure that all in players who bought Starter Packs will get at least 2-3 times worth of content when you compare what you get get in a game store if you buy GC and spend it there. This will include increased allocations for GV Slots and G-COINS included in Starter Packs. 

Just to make sure that no matter wipes or GC sales our original backers will always be getting best deal possible. In a past on several occasions we failed to meet all expectations, and this time we won't. 

**LOOT & GEAR**

We're making more gear available for sale at vendors, while leaving top tier items only to be found in a field. 
"Legendary" guns and armors are being added as rewards in upcoming events. Legendary guns will behave just like normal guns ( no weird lives, etc restrictions ) but will have unique skins and better stats. 
Overall we want to create more balanced loot loop as we going to open beta. 

**NEW FEATURES**

- Adding Leaderboards
- Adding "aggressor" mechanic to support safer passage to the safe zones. 
- Campaigns ( aka Battle Pass in other games ). At least one campaign will be free for all players and will still offer decent rewards - GV Slots, flares, cosmetics, gun skins, etc. 
- Server Rentals with custom server management panel. So you will be able to choose if you want server to be FP or TP, etc. 
- We're removing Daily Challenges, and instead focusing on a longer Weekly challenges. Basically you'll have like 5-6 weekly challenges, making it easier to focus on them if you don't play every day. 

**EVENTS**

We're adding two events. One will be very advanced PVE version of roadblock from Shattered Skies, focusing on a team work fighting against zombie, YET allowing single players to fully enjoy this event and rewards. 

Second is instanced Event that pits up to 40 players divided in teams of 5 players against each other and against hordes of zombies in "reactor" style setting. Fight to control "points", score winning points for your team and when it's all over - reap legendary rewards. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sergey Titov said:

- We're reworking Starter Packs content, to make sure that all in players who bought Starter Packs will get at least 2-3 times worth of content when you compare what you get get in a game store if you buy GC and spend it there. This will include increased allocations for GV Slots and G-COINS included in Starter Packs. 

Just to make sure that no matter wipes or GC sales our original backers will always be getting best deal possible. In a past on several occasions we failed to meet all expectations, and this time we won't. 

**LOOT & GEAR**
"Legendary" guns and armors are being added as rewards in upcoming events. Legendary guns will behave just like normal guns ( no weird lives, etc restrictions ) but will have unique skins and better stats. 

**NEW FEATURES**

- Adding Leaderboards
- We're removing Daily Challenges, and instead focusing on a longer Weekly challenges. Basically you'll have like 5-6 weekly challenges, making it easier to focus on them if you don't play every day. 

**EVENTS**

We're adding two events. One will be very advanced PVE version of roadblock from Shattered Skies, focusing on a team work fighting against zombie, YET allowing single players to fully enjoy this event and rewards. 

Second is instanced Event that pits up to 40 players divided in teams of 5 players against each other and against hordes of zombies in "reactor" style setting. Fight to control "points", score winning points for your team and when it's all over - reap legendary rewards. 

These are the things the people have been asking for, but is it too late? What about finishing the map and polishing game mechanics?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sergey Titov said:

**LOOT & GEAR**

We're making more gear available for sale at vendors, while leaving top tier items only to be found in a field. 

**NEW FEATURES**

- Adding Leaderboards
- Campaigns ( aka Battle Pass in other games ). At least one campaign will be free for all players and will still offer decent rewards - GV Slots, flares, cosmetics, gun skins, etc. 
- Server Rentals with custom server management panel. So you will be able to choose if you want server to be FP or TP, etc. 

**EVENTS**

i like mostly all these things i just think it would be best to chill with multiple servers at the moment because of the low population of players and i was gonna say that the "reactor" style of events was gonna be a bad idea due to it spliting the pop but honestly it could bring more people instead even if they only play that game mode and sometimes splash into the regular survival game but overal not bad ideas i was expecting less cuz i was thinking u guys arent all there in the head (that means alot coming from a guy that barely use punctuations i know) but we will see this is definetly positive tho keep it up.... please.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sergey Titov said:

**LOOT & GEAR**

**NEW FEATURES**

- Adding Leaderboards

**EVENTS**

Not sure how I feel about instanced PvP events. I'm sure it will make the game more interesting but I much rather have my events out in the world.

• Upvote 2

As we're preparing to retire existing Starter Packs, in order to make sure that our founding players are taken care of we've changed packs composition.

Please note that we're planning on wiping game in a coming week, and this is what you will get on wipe.

We also preparing special cosmetic for our founders players, that will be added to your account if you created it suing one of the Starter Pack serials. You name will also be highlighted by special color in a game signifying your position within game community.

image.thumb.png.ce328fabf8b54e77ba682c53b40dd5c9.png
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Duke said:

Not sure how I feel about instanced PvP events. I'm sure it will make the game more interesting but I much rather have my events out in the world.

Think about it this way - so lets take game like Deadside. Nice game, but it does have like 700-1000 players right now spread among close to 2000 servers ( mostly private servers ). 

So now you start reactor event. You need - for it to be worth even making - like at least 20-30-40 people fighting. If you have on average even 10-20 players per server - only like 20-30% of them will go fight event. 

Not fun at all. 

If you do instanced events, you pulling everyone who wants to play it from those 2000 servers :). Band them together in a series of instanced events. 

@sergey titov

but who told u that the game gonna hat a playercount of 700-1000 players ofc. It would be good but atm the realistic count sre around 20-30 players Max if some guys join the server sfter the big patch. Its nice to reduce the servers. We got only 4 atm (2 eu 2 us) but verry low Pop still. Maybe make some kinda solo pvp stuff because i dont think that we gonna find some 5man teams for the 5vs5 Event maybe like 3 teams Max. I rly enjoy the game and i still think that it gonna be final like 70% shattered because u Talk about outpost event from ss for the pve players and these thing came from ss. Ceep working on the game and i hope the count gonna rais.

24 minutes ago, laggi said:

@sergey titov

but who told u that the game gonna hat a playercount of 700-1000 players ofc. It would be good but atm the realistic count sre around 20-30 players Max if some guys join the server sfter the big patch. Its nice to reduce the servers. We got only 4 atm (2 eu 2 us) but verry low Pop still. Maybe make some kinda solo pvp stuff because i dont think that we gonna find some 5man teams for the 5vs5 Event maybe like 3 teams Max. I rly enjoy the game and i still think that it gonna be final like 70% shattered because u Talk about outpost event from ss for the pve players and these thing came from ss. Ceep working on the game and i hope the count gonna rais.

they are extremely delusional and ive never seen anyone that has this problem as badly as they do they constantly compare themselves to big games thinkin that they can pull stuff off the same way the other companies do and think they are in 2012-2013 when they could have huge events like this or constantly remake the same game thinking they are gonna get 180k players with no advertising just because of their follower count on facebook or smth its really sad to see cuz i want the game to be good so badly but they dont hold realistic standards and are all over place but i guess dream big and hope for a lucky strike again or smth,

On 8/1/2020 at 1:46 AM, Sergey Titov said:

Think about it this way - so lets take game like Deadside. Nice game, but it does have like 700-1000 players right now spread among close to 2000 servers ( mostly private servers ). 

So now you start reactor event. You need - for it to be worth even making - like at least 20-30-40 people fighting. If you have on average even 10-20 players per server - only like 20-30% of them will go fight event. 

Not fun at all. 

If you do instanced events, you pulling everyone who wants to play it from those 2000 servers :). Band them together in a series of instanced events. 

True, events that give good rewards need to be contested. This was an issue in SS, people could get free top tier loot on low pop servers.
Though, can't that also be solved by only activating the events on high pop servers, like was done with airdrops at the very beginning of OND alpha?
But I see your point. It will for sure be interesting to see it implemented into the game.

• Like 1

I see that new package are live now on website.

When will be wipe with a compensation for older buyers?
I want to play but with a wipe soon that is no point for now 🙂