OUTBREAK NEW DAWN Official Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bankoh

Regarding the dificulty of finding weapons and item boxes.

I just wanted to know whats is the plan for the dificulty of finding guns as in if its gonna change or stay what it currently is?

because i feel like with how easy it is to find weapons in the game currently and the fact that u can literally buy the guns with irl money it somewhat ruins the apeal of finding weapons and looting and turn it from a survival game to a PvP only game ridled with kids with ADHD that have glowing green guns and chrome helmets(NewZ) in where the reward from killing someone becomes absolutely meaningless because its not like in ISS for example (atleast in the start) to where if u killed someone and they dropped a sniper or if u found a sniper u would feel like what u just did meant something where as of now i literally have like 5 hours played and have 6 snipers and 100 M4s and killing someone means absolutely nothing and dying means absolutely nothing aswell in my opinion things should be way more difficult to find so that the whole pvp experience even feels worth while.

and regarding the item boxes i just think they kinda ass seeing that on the ground doesnt feel nearly as rewarding as seeing a vss or smth dropped but idk just my opinion. 

playin since warz alpha big fan guys.

oh and also almost forgot to add but  dont think its a good idea to instead of sticking to one game to be making a new one every 2-3 years i dont feel personally that this is the kind of game that can get away with that u guys could just do wipes instead and keep all the cosmetic items but remove all guns level etc i feel like that would keep people playing way more than you guys constantly starting from zero and hoping to get lucky with popularity and having us pay every time.

• Like 3

It was never a real survival game and they have never stated PvP wouldn't be the focus. The opposite is true, Sergey stated the core focus of the game is PvP in his pcgamer article.
Loot should never be sold in the ingame store for real money, even in the form of airdrops, true.
But low tier gear should be very common, while very high end gear remains rare (I.e legendaries, snipers...) ofcourse.
Almost every encounter should be a gunfight.
Early SS did the rarities right in every way except for the legendaries that didn't drop on death imo.
And while the way they did loot in OND seems similar it doesn't feel as rewarding as it did in Shattered.
But I'd never want them to make loot so rare as to where people mainly fight with pistols, AR's should always be easy to find, just not the high tier ones.

1 hour ago, Duke said:

It was never a real survival game and they have never stated PvP wouldn't be the focus. The opposite is true, Sergey stated the core focus of the game is PvP in his pcgamer article.
Loot should never be sold in the ingame store for real money, even in the form of airdrops, true.
But low tier gear should be very common, while very high end gear remains rare (I.e legendaries, snipers...) ofcourse.
Almost every encounter should be a gunfight.
Early SS did the rarities right in every way except for the legendaries that didn't drop on death imo.
And while the way they did loot in OND seems similar it doesn't feel as rewarding as it did in Shattered.
But I'd never want them to make loot so rare as to where people mainly fight with pistols, AR's should always be easy to find, just not the high tier ones.

yea this tier thing was smth i wasnt used to and didnt understand at the time but i get it now but anyway i still stand by the point that snipers and some other random guns should be rare to find and i know this game isnt mainly survival like dayz for example but there still needs to be things that are hard to find in it of itself otherwise its really boring and deminishes the reward system in the game not sayin high tiers should be harder or easier to find im saying the guns themselves should be and not all of them either but like i said specifically snipers and like scars for example.

12 hours ago, Bankoh said:

yea this tier thing was smth i wasnt used to and didnt understand at the time but i get it now but anyway i still stand by the point that snipers and some other random guns should be rare to find and i know this game isnt mainly survival like dayz for example but there still needs to be things that are hard to find in it of itself otherwise its really boring and deminishes the reward system in the game not sayin high tiers should be harder or easier to find im saying the guns themselves should be and not all of them either but like i said specifically snipers and like scars for example.

Ive heard of people that haven't gotten a single sniper in tens of hours of playtime. I myself found 2 in about 60 hours of actual playtime.
I wouldn't say thats too much, especially since the ones i found do not onetap on the head. I imagine those that do will be quite a bit more rare.

7 hours ago, Duke said:

Ive heard of people that haven't gotten a single sniper in tens of hours of playtime. I myself found 2 in about 60 hours of actual playtime.
I wouldn't say thats too much, especially since the ones i found do not onetap on the head. I imagine those that do will be quite a bit more rare.

yea i get that but the problem im mentioning isnt finding the actual guns is just buyin them with irl money which in it of itself makes them less rare meaning more people have it then more people use it makin it easier to get and making it not as rare as it would be if we had to find them only not saying ur wrong im just saying my main problem is that. i understand why u think im saying they are easy to find lootin nd stuff cuz in the start of the post i had just started and thought it was gonna be easy to find every little thing but with more play time (90hours) i see that they are still hard to find is just they had to throw in a stupid system as they usually always do with every "new game" and its been bothering me.